Monday 4 October 2010

Newspaper Articles:

I have yet to decide on which career path I want to take, however I'm 100% sure I want to work with children. Not just work with children, but help children.
As part of my portfolio I need to find newspaper articles which relate to children, post them on my blog and get a discussion going.
Instead of choosing any article, I have decided to use articles of which interest me, in hope to guide me to what I want to achieve through my career.
My first article:

'Man gets life for sick Tia murder'

This piece has been delivered very attractively to entice the reader. The title is big, bold and blunt. A picture of the young victim is positioned next to the title. Immediately giving a lot away to the reader, but without revealing any real information.
The full story can be viewed online by clicking this link:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3164680/Man-gets-life-for-sick-Tia-murder.html

To summarise the article, an uncle lured his niece to his home convincing her he needed her to babysit for him. When the 12year old got there, the uncle then lived out his fantasies of torture and rape on a child. He was sentenced for life.

Please spend a little time on reading this story. Feel free to comment about this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment